Long time, no post. I’m sorry!
I started school last week and have been busy catching up with reading, laundry, sleep, and my job. I forgot how hard it is to juggle everything! Being done at the end of the work day is something I am looking forward to after I graduate.
My most recent (not so recent anymore, Brett and Pablo are there anymore left?) baking was an attempt to use up all the buttermilk I had from making cinnamon buns. I made “melt in your mouth buttermilk chocolate cookies.” I’ve made cinnamon buns, these cookies, and then chicken with the buttermilk, and I still have a lot left.
This recipe was super easy, and SUPER CHOCOLATY.
I’m not sure this is my favorite cookie in the world, but it was still a nice treat. I especially enjoyed making these because I had a cute engineer in the kitchen helping me with the photography and baking. I really love baking and cooking with him, but I’m really bossy and scare him away…sorry!!
Ingredients: Makes about 4 dozen cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups chocolate chips
1.Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Melt the butter in a small, microwave safe bowl.
4. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter (still warm) with cocoa powder and whisk until very smooth.
5. Whisk in sugar, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
6. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop dough in 1-inch balls into prepared baking sheet, leaving about two inches between cookies to allow for spread.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set around the edges.
9. Cool for 2-3 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack with a spatula to cool completely.
10. enjoy! xoxo
I just learned how to make a slide show and gallery on this blogging thing, can you tell? I think I learn a new feature with every post.
New (hopefully healthier) recipes to come in the coming week. I’ve been feeling a little plump and should try to make some healthy treats as well I guess….
Anyways, back to reading. x[